cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark II How to Change the Author & Copyright Info

Tibbie
Apprentice

I purchased a used Canon EOS 5 Mark II several years ago and now, when I check "properties" on each of my images, I find  under "Details"- "Property"-"Authors",  a man's name I do not know.  I believe it is the name of the previous owner.  How do I get rid of his name and place my name on my photographs?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the camera's menu, look for Copywrite information, and edit under a sub-menu. It should be in the manual. If you don't have one, you can download it on the Canon website.

Tibbie
Apprentice

I bought a used Canon EOS 5 Mark II several years ago, and when I look into the properties of my images, I see the copyright is under the previous owner's name.  How do I change it to my name?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon further investigation, the menu in the camera allows you to view and delete the copyright info, but not enter it. The EOS Utility program is used to enter or change the author. Here is a link to the EOS Utility. 

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

@Tibbie wrote:

I believe it is the name of the previous owner.  How do I get rid of his name and place my name on my photographs?

https://exiftool.org/ exiftool can change the name and copyright on the photos you have already made.

Announcements