cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G12 Changing Owner Info

rwjemmett
Apprentice

Just bought a used canon G12 in great condition - a great camera. 

When I imported the images into Lightroom via the SD card they had an owner/author that was the last owner.

Does anyone know how to change the owner  - I looked through the manual, googled it, etc.  I have found how to change it on an EOS camera (with EOS utility on PC) but not a G series.

It would be great if someone could help. 

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I imagine you’ll need to reset the camera settings. See page 51 of the User Manual for details. 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Yes I imagined that too and it did not work  - there is also no item in the menu or manual (that I can find) That allows me to enter the new information. 

AppsDevDave
Apprentice

Can anybody from Canon answer this question?
Page 51 of the Canon PowerShot G12 does not even begin to address this question.
What software is needed to change this embedded setting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a software program called CameraWindow DC for Windows that may have come with the camera. I have no knowledge of what it can do, but it allows you to connect the camera to a computer via USB cable. It may allow you to edit the name of the owner (author). It can also be downloaded from the Canon support website. Below is a link to the website. Scroll down to downloads, software and drivers.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/powershot-g12 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements