cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 550D What is this piece?

Atheer
Apprentice

I removed the lens to clean the sensor and this piece fell of. I do not know if it fell from the lens or sensor 

My camera is Canon 550DIMG_0164.JPG

14 REPLIES 14

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I cannot see an image. Can you please check you sent one?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you. I uploaded it 
Please check the picture.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Without an image, there is no way for us to help identify the part.  

The photo button above will allow you to attach an image

shadowsports_0-1667335933468.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I uploaded it 
Please check the picture

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Hello Atheer Welcome to the forums. The part that you show in the picture is most definetly from the camera body and not the lens.

-Demetrius

40D, 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I don't see anything remotely like that inside my mirror box. It looks like the contacts for the SD card, but there is not enough of them.

Agreed. I am sure it's not from the lens. Either way your camera needs to the attention of a sercice tech. Canon is unlikely to touch it - it's way out of service life.

Does the camera still function correctly? If so your cheapest option is to use it until it does not, then consider a replacement.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

That looks like a part from your lens. Your lens will not work properly without that part and it is probably cheaper to buy a used lens rather than repair. Lenses often have flexible ribbon cables but they also have contact strips to keep electrical contact on the barrel as you focus or zoom in and out.  Which lens or lenses do you have?

Screenshot_20221102-091636_YouTube.jpg

2a77ddb1-3380-4bd9-afa4-8cbc5f2586a3_1.4853d2fa8f0a3cae5704c7b836f28549.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

How can it possibly get past the rear element and mount? I know "weather sealing" is more of a marketing term, but it is not *that* bad. 8^)

click here to view the gallery
Announcements