cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 350D doesn't shoot with lens on AF mode "in most of the creative modes"

Omar1
Contributor

Hi

I just bought a used EOS 350D, with 28mm EFS lens, I noticed some issues, when lens is on AF mode, camera doesn't shoot while on M, Av, Tv, P modes, only shoots on ADEP mode but also without focusing properly, however it works fine on fully automatic modes.

When I switch the lens to MF, the camera shoots on all creative modes but without focusing, a blurred image.

It was shooting on all creative modes as soon as I got it, but after I cleared all settings and custom functions, that issue came into picture.

Any ideas why that might have happened?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well... maybe the lens IS the issue.
We need to eliminate that. Is there anywhere you can get access to an genuine Canon EF or EF-S lens, if only just for a few minutes.  We basically need to attach a known good lens and see how the body behaves.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

This is just an elimination process.  You could also put your lens on a working DSLR and achieve the same end.  If the lens is the issue, then that is one thing, but if not then it helps to concentrate our efforts.  So, come back to us if the lens is working fine.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements