cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D Mark II X in middle of photos

NickS
Apprentice

Hello. I have a 7D Mark ii and have just zoomed in on a few photos and noticed a tiny 'x' in the middle of them all. I have no idea how the marks got there but can only assume it's something to do with the focusing system. I have disabled the AF point disp option - but to no avail. 

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this annoying problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter
Authority
Authority

Hot pixels used to be like X due to Canon's demosaicing method. Take a raw file and open it in DPP and a third-party software. For example Rawtherapee with neutral profile. RawTherapee doesn't auto-remove hot pixels if you don't tell it to do so.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Peter
Authority
Authority

Hot pixels used to be like X due to Canon's demosaicing method. Take a raw file and open it in DPP and a third-party software. For example Rawtherapee with neutral profile. RawTherapee doesn't auto-remove hot pixels if you don't tell it to do so.

Thanks for your reply, Peter. Apparently, it's a sensor problem and needs a cleaning of said part of the camera.

NickS
Apprentice

Hello Peter,

Yes, that is what I'm getting. Dead pixels rather than a need for cleaning the sensor. They are so tiny that it's not worth trying to repair the camera (if that's even possible!). Will put up with them and just edit them with Photoshop.

Most raw converters have an on/off filter for hot pixels if you shoot raw.

Sadly DPP doesn't have that feature.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements