cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 20D won't connect to Mac (OS Catalina)

A_Random_Dude
Enthusiast

Hi there: This is sort of the continuation of something I'd posted yesterday about EOS Utility. That was partially solved, in that I've now got versions 2 and 3 installed, so that my 7D connects to my Mac (OS Catalina, 10.15.7) using version 2 and my 1DX Mark III connects using version 3.

The problem I'm continuing to have is that my 20D will not connect no matter what I try to do. In the grand scheme of things it's not that important since I can use my USB card reader to get images downloaded from camera to computer, which is all I really want to do. But it's also driving my OCD tendencies absolutely crazy, because I just have a hard time believing that the 20D won't connect to a Mac. I've looked all over the Internet and haven't found a solutions, and have experimented with both different communication settings in the camera's menu, and neither had any effect on the problem.

If anyone has any insights into this, I'd welcome them. Thanks in advance.

300D, 20D, 7D Mk II, 1DX Mk III, R6 Mk II, a few decent lenses, and plenty of questions. Also, a fair amount of impatience to get my hands on the 200-800 RF…
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you opened Image Capture?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you opened Image Capture?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

A_Random_Dude
Enthusiast

Well, John, you did it again! Opened Image Capture; camera was there, but when I clicked on it I got an error message. Disconnected the camera, set Communication to PTP, reconnected, and there it was. It takes a little time, as the camera is still blinking "busy", but the image thumbnails are populating even as I type my reply.

Thanks so much! 👍👍👍

300D, 20D, 7D Mk II, 1DX Mk III, R6 Mk II, a few decent lenses, and plenty of questions. Also, a fair amount of impatience to get my hands on the 200-800 RF…
Announcements