cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 200D Built-In Flash Issue

DENISSALVADORE
Contributor

I own a CANON 200 D DSLR. Recently I am facing a problem with its built-in flash. The flash fires, but there is no light in the images. They turn out completely dark, except for the light light I get from the camera exposure settings. I have Reset the Flash settings and the Camera settings, but the issue is still there.

Please help..

Regards,

Denis Salvadore

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don’’t understatnd your statement “turn out completely dark, except for the light light I get from the camera”

Do you mean the subject is exposed but the background is dark because flash can’t reach it?

Can you post an image?

@DENISSALVADORE wrote:

I own a CANON 200 D DSLR. Recently I am facing a problem with its built-in flash. The flash fires, but there is no light in the images. They turn out completely dark, except for the light light I get from the camera exposure settings. I have Reset the Flash settings and the Camera settings, but the issue is still there.

Please help..

Regards,

Denis Salvador

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your quick response, Sir.. I am attaching 3 images for reference. One which is looking bright is clicked in Auto mode, where the flash fired automatically. Whatever light you see in the image is due to the available Tube light that was ON. You can see the shadow of the object created by the overhead Tube light.Auto Mode with FlashAuto Mode with FlashManual mode SS 1/100,F7.1, ISO 400 with FlashManual mode SS 1/100,F7.1, ISO 400 with FlashManual mode SS 1/100,F7.1, ISO 400 with FlashManual mode SS 1/100,F7.1, ISO 400 with FlashThere other two images were clicked in Manual Mode with flash popped up with hardly two feet away, SS 1/100, Aperture F 7.1, ISO 400. There is no light in any image coming from the Pop-up Flash. External Flash works fine.

Please give your opinion and a welcome solution. Thanks,

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Set the camera to P shooting mode on the top dial, and find the setting in the menus to restore factory default settings.

If that does not fix it, then we will need to look deeper.  What is your shooting mode?  What are your exposure settings?  What lens are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks Sir , for your response. As per your suggestion, I used Program Mode, cleared the camera settings and clicked with Pop up flash. Still no change.

I have tried all the Modes,  with different Lenses, like the kit lens 18-55 mm, 24mm f2.8. Flash fires every time, but does not apply to the image.

External flash works alright. The problem is with the Pop up Flash.

I am into Photography for over 25 years, and am aware of all technical points. But this issue is unique, and beats me.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are saying that external flash produces a correct image with the same manual settings then perhaps you need to have a service center check out the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That seems to be the only solution left now. Have tried every possible way.

Thanks for your opinion, Sir.

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Are you letting the built in flash recharge. Is the AF Assist Beam firing. What brand of external speedlite is being used?

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT, 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Yes, I allow the Built-in Flash to Recharge before clicking. The External Flash I use is Godox 860 II, which works perfectly fine. I had a doubt of possible Synchronization mismatch, but I checked with all shutter speeds. Even Auto exposure mode of camera gives same problem. Flash fires, but there is no light / flash in the images.

Announcements