cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1D X MkII - CFast Card Not Being Recognized

bwalley
Contributor

I have a CFast card reader, Imac pro with Sonoma 14.3.1 OS and it does not recognize the card, even if in the camera.

10 REPLIES 10

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Bradley,

Have you researched whether your camera is compatible with CFast cards.

I also read that CFast 2.0 readers are not backward compatible with CFast 1.0 cards.

Steve Thomas

bwalley
Contributor

it is and it will not read when in my camera either, it used to but I updated my OS on my iMac, now it doesn't recognize a cfast card

Bradley,

I wish you all the best, but I'm afraid I won't be able to help.

I really don't know anything about CFast cards or Macs either.

Maybe you could reach out to Canon Support, or to other owners of the kind of camera you have.

Let us know if you ever get your problem solved.

Steve Thomas

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@bwalley wrote:

I have a CFast card reader, Imac pro with Sonoma 14.3.1 OS and it does not recognize the card, even if in the camera.

I am assuming the reader connects via USB. Have you authorized the USB connection for the device in the Security section of System Settings?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Yes, it can read the CF cards fine.

Thanks,

Bret

@bwalley wrote:

Yes, it can read the CF cards fine.

Thanks,

Bret

It's a dual card CF & CFast card reader or is it the camera? Sounds like you have a 1D X Mark II?

So the computer sees the CF card but not the CFast card?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes it is a 1dx MKII

Dual Card reader, I record .jpeg to the CF card, RAW to the CFast card, the reader is a multiple card reader, the CF cards are reading fine, the CFast is not, I can't even download or see the RAW files on the CFast card when the camera is hooked up to the computer.

I have an iMac Pro and recently upgraded the OS to Sonoma.

I looked for updated drivers for the 1Dx MKII, but can not find any.

What specific card reader are you using (make, model)?

I have never used CFast cards.  In my external LaCie SSD drives, they have three card readers built into them: SD (UHS-II), CFast 2.0 and CFexpress.  These drives are connected to my Mac Studio via Thunderbolt 4.

My last computer was an iMac Pro where I had attached LaCie hard-drive based drives that had built-in SD (UHS-I) and Compact Flash readers.  These were connected via Thuderbolt 3.

And while I cannot confirm if there'd be issues with CFast, I have used SD (UHS-I and UHS-II) along with Compact Flash in these readers without issue.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@bwalley wrote:

Yes it is a 1dx MKII

Dual Card reader, I record .jpeg to the CF card, RAW to the CFast card, the reader is a multiple card reader, the CF cards are reading fine, the CFast is not, I can't even download or see the RAW files on the CFast card when the camera is hooked up to the computer.

I have an iMac Pro and recently upgraded the OS to Sonoma.

I looked for updated drivers for the 1Dx MKII, but can not find any.

There are no drivers needed.

I am away from camera nd computer, so I am guessing about this: Which card do you have designated as the one the camera reads for the image review display. I think that might be the one that is also directed to the data out port. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

click here to view the gallery
Announcements