cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dowloading Images to a Mac from a EOS Rebel T2i

SophieP22503
Apprentice

I recently found an old Canon EOS T2i which is still in great shape. I took some pictures on it, ordered the correct cable adaptor, and am trying to download my photos onto a Mac and it is just not working. I have tried installing EOS in different versions but they all say "Camera not recognized". The Canon website had me download a Neutral Network Scaling application but from what I can see that only edits photos. I am hoping someone can tell me what version of EOS to download or any other way I can get the photos on my Mac. I can see that it is far easier on Windows...but that's not an option. Help!

2 REPLIES 2

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

Using the "Image Capture" app that comes with macOS worked for me when an old camera is connected by USB. But, I usually use the card reader built into my iMac.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Card reader slot in the computer is better. Tried the USB cord and wireless transfer; not the best way. Confession: Didn't know I had the card slot until I was inserting a flash drive to download photos for a friend. Hmm. Saw this long slot. What is that for? Duh!

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements