cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why there isn’t an EOS Remote app for the iPad II?

sesweitzer
Contributor

I see one for the iPhone (only) . I see it mentioned as being for the iPad in some online reviews but the Canon site only mentions the one for the iPhone and Android. 

Maybe it’s a “work in progress.” but it sure would be nice to be able to transfer images to my iPad with the WiFi on my new 70D.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

hsbn
Whiz

You can use iphone app on Ipad. I'm using it on Ipad 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

After carefully reading the WIFI manual, I find that I can set up different SETS, one for my iPhone and one for my iPad and then I can use either device, depending on the SET I choose. The EOS Remote on both the iPhone’s and the iPad are paired with the camera.

It wasn’t easy to figure out but page 43 of this manual explains how to do it.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300011974/01/eos70d-wff-im-en.pdf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz

You can use iphone app on Ipad. I'm using it on Ipad 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thanks that worked. Do you know if you can have more than on “smartphone” device paired with the camera? Now that I have my iPad paired with it. I can’t get the iPhone to pair with it. It sees the camera network but I don’t seem to be able to join it.

You can only have 1 paired at a time.

After carefully reading the WIFI manual, I find that I can set up different SETS, one for my iPhone and one for my iPad and then I can use either device, depending on the SET I choose. The EOS Remote on both the iPhone’s and the iPad are paired with the camera.

It wasn’t easy to figure out but page 43 of this manual explains how to do it.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300011974/01/eos70d-wff-im-en.pdf

Announcements