cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know a source for a EOS D30 camera lithium battery cover CB2 0666-000

JoanneYenn
Contributor

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have a Canon EOS D30 I inherited from my parents. They hardly used it, so I would like to sell it. However, the round black battery cover for the lithium battery on the bottom of the camera is missing. I thought it would easy to find a replacement, and after an exhaustive internet search, was I surprised to see that it is not available anywhere! Does anyone know if there is a cover from another model that would work? Without it, the camera is rendered useless!!!!!  Canon could only provide me the part #:  CB2 0666-000.  I checked ever site link, and it seems as if this part is now sold out over the world..... THANK YOU to whomever can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you tried using the camera in it's present state?  As far as I know the clock batery is not required in order to use the camera. 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Same part number, whether used on 10D, D60 or D30. 

It might be used on some other cameras, too. Those are just the three I'm certain use the same thing. It's a rather unusually large diameter memory battery cover, though. Later cameras use "drawers" inside the main battery compartment or elswhere on the camera and use smaller diameter date/time batteries. Some of the latest models have that battery right on the main circuit board, so the camera has to be disassembled should it ever need replacement!

"Trapping" the battery in that compartment by mounting a BG-ED3 grip on the bottom camera might work. There are no electrical contacts on the original cover. A rubber or plastic washer of the right thickness and diameter might be used, on top of the grip, to keep the CR2025 in place.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

Thank you for this information. That might be an option if I can find a cheap enough battery grip. I realize these cameras are considered "old" by today's standards, but I happen to have some portraits my father made of his grandkids with this camera, and they are remarkable. So, it still is a decent camera, despite its age.

I thank everyone for their assistance in solving this problem. In the meantime, I will keep on looking....sigh.

It looks like $150 is about the going price for a D30. If they actually sell, I mean. That does not leave you much room to spend without wasting your money.

Upon further examination, I believe you could simply tape the button battery in. How 's that?  Just do so it keeps the battery in firmly. Go ahead and use it until you find a real cover. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

That is an EXCELLENT piece of advice! I will do so and let you know if it works. Thanks!

Have you tried using the camera in it's present state?  As far as I know the clock batery is not required in order to use the camera. 

Mike Sowsun

You know, I was wondering about that!!! I am firing up the batteries now. I'll report back. Wouldn't it be funny if that were, indeed, the case, after all this trouble-shooting.Smiley Happy

FOLLOW UP REPORT:  Thank you ALL for helping to solve this mystery. Indeed, you do NOT need the lithium back up battery to shoot with this camera, although the time and date will not be embedded in the file as this battery apparently runs that feature.

I finally charged up the old battery and snapped these few photos around the house today. While it is painfully slow compared to my Rebel T5i, it still takes some nice shots Our catand I am sure someone in my family can use it.

This forum is simply awesome. You'll be hearing from me again soon, as I need advice on lenses for my T5i.

Thank you all again!

Our garden

Hi Joanne. I am not 100% sure of this, but I think the button cell just allows the camera to remember the settings when the main battery is removed. So, as long as you set the time and date each time you install the main battery the data will be in the file.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for this information!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is this what you need?

http://www.uscamera.com/international/cb3-1147.htm

I Googled the 30D parts manual and it doesn't use the part number you gave. That is for a 10D.

http://www.strappe.com/pics/manuals/photography/EOS_30D_Parts_Catalog.pdf

http://www.f20c.com/stuff/canon/partslist/EOS%2010D.PDF

Disregard post. I mixed up D30 and 30D.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements