cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLR 600D turns off suddenly

pixelUnator
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon DSLR EOS 600D, in a really good condition, no damages nothing. It turned off suddenly few days back, I ordered a new battery to check if it’s a battery issue, but it’s not. The camera still wasn’t turning on. Yesterday, I discovered that, when I keep the turn on/off switch to ‘on’ for few minutes/hours while having the battery out, it turns on when I connect the battery back in while the switch is still on, but after 3-4 seconds, it turns off again.

As the device is out of warranty, canon service Center is denying to repair it, and there is no good local repair shop around me either. I tried cleaning the charging points but still won’t work, what must be the issue, can I solve it myself in any way?

4 REPLIES 4

Arthur

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Besides a new  battery and SD card there is noting the average person can do to repair a faulty camera. It requires professional service. Cleaning contacts is almost always a waste of time. It rarely to never helps.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW, keep in mind a good working used T7 is worth around $150-$200 bucks. So that is your top dollar repair price point.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi @pixelUnator,

We're sorry you are having issues.  Please know that Canon can't service your product, not because its out of warranty, but instead because its end of life.  Its 12 yrs old now and parts may not be readily available to repair it.

Ernie provided you a price point to be mindful of.  You can try checking with midwestcamera dot com.  They are a authorized Canon repair facility in Michigan.  They can sometimes service and repair older gear.  Not always, but you can check with them.

There is also a lot of certified used gear available on line.  KEH is a good source for this.  A newer used model might also be a good idea.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements