cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycling thru R5 Shooting Info Displays

DaBrownCO
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have camera tab 7 Screen Info displays to cycle through 4 screens. It only is cycling through 3 screens as I keep pushing the Info button. And these screens don’t correctly provide the Info I selected for each screen. Any ideas?

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, Gwen from Canon support resolved the issue for me. I had turned off Exposure Simulation so that was the culprit. It was interesting to learn that the electronic level and histogram don't show up when AF is in face-tracking or eye-tracking either.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Try changing the setting of the camera's mode dial. I think you'll find that different shooting modes will enable different menus that apply to that specific shooting mode.

That doesn’t seem to solve the issue. I was also wondering if that was the case. A dumb question, but is the correct way to view the different screens to just keep hitting the Info button?

Your first post was a bit vague and I may be confusing the MENU screens with the INFO screens. Which feature do you think you're having an issue with?

If you haven't already done so, you should download a copy of the Advanced User Guide.

https://cam.start.canon/en/C003/manual/c003.pdf

It looks like there is a menu that allows you to customize what items appear on the INFO screens. More detailed information starts on around page #132.

Sorry for being unclear in my first post. The issue I'm having is with the INFO screens, both on the screen and in the viewfinder. I do have the Advanced User Guide and was following that when customizing my screens. There is an ability to reset the screen views to default so I am going to try that.

It seems that it's the Histogram that is missing in some of the views. 

Okay, Gwen from Canon support resolved the issue for me. I had turned off Exposure Simulation so that was the culprit. It was interesting to learn that the electronic level and histogram don't show up when AF is in face-tracking or eye-tracking either.

Thanks for reporting back here with the fix. That's a couple bits of quirky behavior that you might have never stumbled upon on your own.

True on the quirky behavior although I do vaguely remember having the same issue with the histogram missing on my 6D many years ago. 

Announcements