cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1D Mark IV - Rear LCD Display Monitor not working after shooting on a misty day...

Joiemagic
Contributor

This past Saturday, I was shooting a football game using my #canon1dmarkiv with the 70-200 mm lens. The weather was not favorable with a heavy mist throughout the game. The camera was not covered as I didn't think the conditions warranted it.  I was taking my photos and making periodic reviews on the rear display monitor.  Around the middle of the 3rd quarter, I tried to review some of the photos and I could not get anything to display on the screen—no photos, no menu options, or any display whatsoever.  I turned the camera on and off multiple times and tried removing the battery with negative results.  The rear and top LCD panels continue to work properly and I was able to continue shooting for the entire game. 

In addition, I found an additional problem after I returned home and downloaded the photos.  It turns out that all 900+ photos taken during the game were corrupted.  In checking further, the corruption is in the original photos on the CF card.  Prior to this event, I did not have any problems with this card, including a shoot I did 2 weeks earlier.

I did a test shoot with the SD card after discovering this issue with no issues but when I tried to take a few test shots with the same CF card, I had the same issue.  When I tested a different CF card there were no issues found.

Any suggestions on what I can do regarding the rear LCD monitors would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.  Yes, I will protect my cameras on all future photoshoots in inclement weather.

1 REPLY 1

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

The problem could just be a bad CF Card. Do all of the rear LCD screens with the cards removed. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Announcements