cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon r6 Maintenance wait.

NikolasDane
Contributor

I will be traveling to the US in a couple of weeks and would like to have a maintenance to my camera but since I will only be there for a couple of weeks November 19th to december 4th would like to know the turn around that they usually have for this specially with the holidays and black friday during that time. 

I would rather have it done by them since here in Uruguay there is one "official" Canon service but they seem to be updated and they are quite expensive. 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You would need to contact Canon for current lead times on service and repairs.  I would venture a guess that it would take more than two weeks at this time of the year.  We are leading up to the busiest time of the year, the holiday seasons.  Sales volume increases, which usually means increases in service tickets.

However, I do not believe Canon USA would service a camera not sold in the US market.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, yeah that is my fear! to send it and then not be ableto bring it back. I am also checking about a 50mm that has an error, so maybe I would just have to take it to another service in the US.  

The camera was bought in the US almost a year ago with a couple of different accessories, so that should not be the isssue. 

If you bought it in the US, the Canon USA would service it.  If you were a CPS member, then you might get a turn around in less than two weeks.  It could take a couple of days to just get a user account and a service ticket set up over the internet.

Two weeks is a very narrow window.  In addition to time at a service center, you would be at the mercy of the shipping carrier.  The speed at which the US Postal Service delivers regular mail had declined dramatically in recent years.  I recently received a letter from a relative that would normally take 2-3 days go about 500 miles.  It took 5 days this time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements