cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon eos rebel t7

Adrian05
Apprentice

So about 2 years ago I had received the Canon eos rebel t7 and I’ve had no issues with it, until recently the original canon battery hasn’t been holding charge, the battery would be fully charged but once i put it into the camera, the battery bar started flashing with one bar on the indicator. I bought 3rd party brands and didn’t work either, just the other day I bought a brand new original battery from canon and the camera still was blinking. Any help is appreciated 

12 REPLIES 12

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Hmmm. I've had not trouble with the original  batteries.  I bought a Vivitar charger and two off-market batteries by Kastar. No problems there, either. Are the contacts in the camera corroded or dirty? Contacts on the batteries?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Are you using the same charger for all batteries? Is it the OEM that came with the camera?

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

I use the two chargers, Vivitar and Canon, for the mix of the original Canon battery and the two Kastar batteries. Again, no problem.

John

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Adrian05 wrote:

So about 2 years ago I had received the Canon eos rebel t7 and I’ve had no issues with it, until recently the original canon battery hasn’t been holding charge, the battery would be fully charged but once i put it into the camera, the battery bar started flashing with one bar on the indicator. I bought 3rd party brands and didn’t work either, just the other day I bought a brand new original battery from canon and the camera still was blinking. Any help is appreciated 

It also sounds like your charger could be suspect.  Are you using any battery grip, or any other accessories connected to the camera?

Third party batteries can be hit or miss.  Some brands seem to work very well, while others seem to fail rather quickly.  Also, where you purchase electronic accessories, like batteries and memory cards, can make all the difference in the world.  There is a lot of counterfeit merchandise out there in the Amazon Marketplace.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I’ll keep that in mind, the first battery that came with the camera eventually started to have marks but nothing too significant, the most recent battery (original canon) was completely fine, I have not used any battery grips either. Chances are the charger really is the problem.

@Adrian05 wrote:

"I’ll keep that in mind, the first battery that came with the camera eventually started to have marks but nothing too significant, the most recent battery (original canon) was completely fine, I have not used any battery grips either. Chances are the charger really is the problem."

If the T7 has this feature AND your battery has enough power. Go to the Wrench Menu and look at the "battery condition" to see if it's still chargeable. It's Wrench 3 in the T7i, not sure about the T7, maybe Tintype_18 can verify if the T7 has this feature as he has one.

If you have three green bars, your batteries are fine. Also, I'm curious by what "started to have marks" means. What kind of marks?

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Didn't find anything on any of the wrench settings. Will check the manual. Hang on! My T7 only has the battery icon on the screen.

John

@Tintype_18 wrote:

"Didn't find anything on any of the wrench settings. Will check the manual. Hang on! My T7 only has the battery icon on the screen."

Oh well, I was hoping the T7 and T7i had more in common. This is what our T7i shows in the battery info option found in the Wrench 3 menu item.

T7i Battery Info.jpg

On a side note, our newer bodies include the shot count for that particular charge.

Newton

I’ll make sure to check to see if I have that feature in my settings. As for the marks, on the little gold indentations, little circles or smudges started to pop up, I assumed they were from constant wear and tear from the prongs inside the battery compartment on my camera.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements