cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T3i - Video Problem

MichaelGlavin
Apprentice

I am aware of the 29:59 or 4GB limit but I can't get the camera to record longer that 10ish mintues. I have a Sandisk Extreme Class 10 32gb card that does 80MB download speed. I have adjusted all the video quality settings in the camera so that I don't reach the 4GB limit as fast but I still only get to 10ish minutes and it quits.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You probably hit the 4GB limit.  Remember the T3i is a still camera that shoots video.  It is not a video camera that shoot stills.  It is going to have many quirks when doing video.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tim
Authority

Hello MichaelGlavin,

It sounds as though you had either hit the 4GB recording limit or there is another reason why it won't record to the stated time.  An increase of the camera's internal temperature may cause movie shooting to stop before the maximum recording times shown in the manual.  The clip size is also dependent on the subject and the increase in the camera's internal temperature.  

If this is an urgent technical support matter then you can get ahold of us through Canon USA.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

riveracepeda
Apprentice
I've just experience the same problem but found out my video card was not formatted. Did you formatted your card. The problem with only recording 10 minutes stopped. Let me know, if this worked. Manny
Announcements