cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SL3 Won't Turn On.

Unagie232
Apprentice

Hey guys my camera won't turn on and I don't know what seems to be the issue. I bought a new SD card, formatted it, I bought two new replacement batteries, and still nothing. The SD card is not an adapter type of SD card it's the full 64 GB card. I've tried the taking out the battery, card and lens and putting it back on the next day and it didn't work. 

I notice that when I turn it on, the lower right light emits red and blinks two times but nothing appears on the screen. When I turn it off I hear it making noise as if shutters are moving or something? 

Please help! I also would like to mention that the battery that I have in is a replacement battery and not a canon stock original battery. Is that the problem?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Unagie232 wrote:

Hey guys my camera won't turn on and I don't know what seems to be the issue. I bought a new SD card, formatted it, I bought two new replacement batteries, and still nothing. The SD card is not an adapter type of SD card it's the full 64 GB card. I've tried the taking out the battery, card and lens and putting it back on the next day and it didn't work. 

I notice that when I turn it on, the lower right light emits red and blinks two times but nothing appears on the screen. When I turn it off I hear it making noise as if shutters are moving or something? 

Please help! I also would like to mention that the battery that I have in is a replacement battery and not a canon stock original battery. Is that the problem?

Did it previously work and now develop a problem?

What happens if you power it on without the SD card installed.

Is there a problem with the Canon battery that required new ones?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

These are excellent questions. 

Okay so I recently got this camera from my girlfriend. She got it from a friend for pretty cheap and said it just needed a battery. So I haven't personally seen it turn on at all.

So I bought a new battery and nothing happened.

Powering it on without a SD card nothing happens as well except, without the SD card, that light on the lower right doesn't blink twice. It's just completely off. 

Sounds like it was DOA when purchased.

The blinking red light indicates card access, so as you saw it won't blink with no card.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements