cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SL2 and 430EX III RT

HorHey9000
Apprentice

Was wondering if this combo is compatible to use a the camera's flash as a slave to fire the 430 wirelessly. I just dug into the menus of both devices and its looking like its not.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@HorHey9000 wrote:

Was wondering if this combo is compatible to use a the camera's flash as a slave to fire the 430 wirelessly. I just dug into the menus of both devices and its looking like its not.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance.

The camera's built in flash would have to be the Master. I don't recall seeing that as a feature of the SL2.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi HorHey9000,

Thanks for posting.

The internal flash on the EOS Rebel SL2 cannot be used as a master flash for  Canon's Speedlite External flash units..

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Hold the reins there Tonto.  There may be a work around.

See if an optical slave can be triggered by the SL2 built-in flask.  They are fairly cheap and easy to use.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Just make sure to get one that ignores the ETTL-2 preflash. IIRC, the SL2 has *only* ETTL-2, no manual without the preflash, which also means you need to go through hoops to prevent the SL2 flash from affecting the shot.

HorHey9000
Apprentice
Yup. I gotta get an st-e3-rt.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements