cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rp Err 01 with manual and vintage lenses

Azzznar24
Apprentice

Hello, I have a problem with my canon rp, when connecting a manual lens without metal contacts when shooting a picture I get the error err 01 and I do not know what to do, I have searched YouTube and other sites for a solution but I can not find anything.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What lens models?

what brand of mount adapter are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I’m using the Viltrox EF-RF mount adapter 

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Azzznar24,

Err 01 is an error message telling you that there is a communication error between the camera and your lens. In your case it's because you are using lenses that do not have any metal contact points.

1 way to handle this is like Waddizzle suggested, using an adapter. You'll have to know the lens mount of your lens, so that you can get the proper adapter, like an EF-RF adapter for example.

Another way is to enable a setting in your camera that will allow you to fire the shutter without having  a lens attached. I belive this is in your 4th (orange) tab, option#3, setting# 7, but you might want to look that up yourself.

In either case, you you are going to wind up having to set your aperture and do your focusing manually.

Steve Thomas

I’m using the Viltrox EF-RF mount adapter. I also activate that option and nothing

Your adapter is the most likely cause of your problems. I strongly advise that you stop using it before it damages your camera. Buy a genuine Canon adapter. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements