cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T7 - Screen stuck intermittently -doesn't allow me to change any setting

btonkli
Apprentice

I typically shoot in manual mode for astrophotography stuff. On several different occasions, my camera screen is just stuck. It does not let me change any settings and no matter what button I push, it does nothing. It will still allow me to take a picture though, for some reason. (But that doesn't help when I am trying to adjust settings to get the picture just right!) I have tried turning off for several minutes and back on - same result. I've taken the battery out and SD card out, waited, put back in, turn on - same result. I have no idea why it does it. Sometimes over a period of time it will go back to normal and let me change settings, but last night, no matter what I did, it stayed the same. I even tried changing the dial to say "landscape" or "close up" and the screen was still stuck. Other nights/or times I take pictures it will work just fine; it just happens so randomly.

Can anyone help?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Reset to defaults? I have a T7 and will follow this JIC.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

I have not. I will try that tonight! May not have an answer right away since it only happens intermittently, but will let you know! Thanks!

Announcements