cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T5i Battery Clip (not the door)

LinMc
Apprentice

Hi there,

Is there a way to easily replace the battery clip so that the battery/camera functions?  It was damaged.  

Thank you for any thoughts you might share!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@LinMc wrote:

Hi there,

Is there a way to easily replace the battery clip so that the battery/camera functions?  It was damaged.  

Probably not easily (w/o disassembling the camera).

If you shut the door does the battery make contact? If not maybe a piece of paper can be wedged in to hold the battery.                                                                                                                                                                             `

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@LinMc wrote:

Hi there,

Probably not easily (w/o disassembling the camera).

If you shut the door does the battery make contact? If not maybe a piece of paper can be wedged in to hold the battery.                                                                                                                                                                             `

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you John!  I did play with it a bit and you are 100% right - I can get it to work.  This is from a school set of cameras so I am trying to get them to limp along in any way that I can.  I so appreciate your comment.

Gaffer's tape.  Smiley Happy  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Gaffer's tape.  Smiley Happy  

I tried that on my wife's Rebel. Hard to get a place to tape that doesn't interfere with battery door latching.

Definitely the appropriate solution if the door wasn't latching properly.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements