cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel 760D Busy Hang Problem

leninlavina
Apprentice

Anyone else experiencing occasional busy when taking shots with 760D? Been happening a lot for the past week.

NR all off

SanDisk Extreme 95mb/s 16GB Class 10 SD (Also tested with other cards)

Tried different lenses, camera gets busy even without card or lens.
Busy on any mode from full manual to all auto modes. 

No i'm not taking long shutter shots. Busy on any shutter/fstop/iso.

Busy on manula or auto focus.

Records movies in LV but once it takes pictures it turns to busy again.

Won't turn off unless I remove battery.

Again tried different fast cards so sd isnt the problem.

Drained battery kept it on busy overnight. Memory card light blinking red. But again even without the card it still gets busy.

This is a new cam bought 3 weeks ago! Maybe I should have gone for the 70d or 80d instead. No time go to store for replacement or repairs yet maybe this weekend. But I hope there's just something I missed and can fix without sending it out for repairs.

13 REPLIES 13

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried resetting the camera? Is the camera in a "multiple exposure" or HDR mode, which hasn't been completed?  What do you see in the viewfinder when you depress the shutter button halfway on the exposure scale?

"Busy" should mean the camera is currently writing to, or reading from, the card. Can you try a different memory card, and format it in the camera? 

Does it come and go?  What exact set of circumstances made it first appear?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yup tried resetting ~ nope no bracketing, turned off all settings eg. noise reduction etc. even photo quality to lowest. I did try different cards and formatted in cam ~ weird thing is even tried shooting it without cards it still comes up busy. I had the store check it and they're sending it back to Canon on Monday.

Noticed it would start going busy on 1/200th f2.8 any ISO. I guess I got a bad batch. Btw also not similar to other posts where it was the flash recycle time or not focusing as I disabled flash firing and still would go busy on manual focus.

Just sad as I didn't experience this problem on my eos m and previous rebels.

VVMHATRE
Apprentice

I have also the same problem with my eos 760d. pls suggest me the solution.  I am usinig sony 94 mbps 32 gb memory card. 

@VVMHATRE wrote:

I have also the same problem with my eos 760d. pls suggest me the solution.  I am usinig sony 94 mbps 32 gb memory card. 

As long as you're using a FULL SIZE, Class 10 card, then you should be fine.  Always format the cards in the camera.  Try resetting the camera, which requires your action in 3 places in the menus.

Some Noise Reduction settings can cause the camera to go through a long write cycle.  Try disabling them.

Sir,

I  purchased camera in July 2016. Initialy it works fine,  now occasionaly  it  shows busy after click and hangs. Access lamp is continuesly on and Messege shows on LCD panel is busy, LCD monitor shows Busy ....Please wait.  Buffer shows 1 in viewfinder. After power switch off LCD monitor shows Recording... Remaining images :1 and won't turn off unless I remove battery.

I am using full size Sony 94 Mb/s class 10 UHS- I   memory card and always formats card in the camera. I also resetting the camera, tried Noise reduction on/off, low quality image, Flash on/ off mode. Tried different lens, with and without card shows same problem.

I read on website cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/sd-cards/sony-32gb-sdhc-memory-card

Review: Sony 32GB SDHC UHS-I High Speed Memory Card 94MB/s

(In most cameras the Sony 94 MB/s card performed similarly to the SanDisk Extreme Plus. The Sony 94MB/s card did not perform well in the Canon 7D Mark II, reaching only 20.5 MB/s write speed. It also performed poorly in the Canon EOS Rebel T6i and T6s. ).

I also tried sandisk ultra 32 gb shows same problem. Seller says it may be firmware problem. please suggest.

(I used Nikon SLR (FM2)  and  DSLR  D3100. Recently  I switchover to Canon for high speed STM lens.)

Unless it has Magic Lantern - which would mean all bets are off - there can be no firwmare problem, since there is only one firmware.

Take out the card, look in the slot and see if there is anything in there that might interfere with a good connection. You might try blowing it out just in case. Otherwise, it needs service. Make sure to send the card with the camera.

"I  purchased camera in July 2016. Initialy it works fine,  now occasionaly  it  shows busy after click and hangs. Access lamp is continuesly on and Messege shows on LCD panel is busy, LCD monitor shows Busy ....Please wait.  Buffer shows 1 in viewfinder. After power switch off LCD monitor shows Recording... Remaining images :1 and won't turn off unless I remove battery."

The "Remaining Images" message sounds like the camera is in the middle of a HDR, or an AEB shot.  But, some of those modes should reset and clear if you power down the camera, not unless you have set them not to clear.  Turn the camera mode dial to the Green [A] mode. 

The Drive Mode [ 10 sec. timer plus continuous shots ] can also cause the camera to take multiple shots.  Also, make sure the camera is not in "Movie Mode", either. 

Also, switch the camera to [P] mode, then go through the menus and disable every Noise Reduction setting you encounter.

mehrpooya
Apprentice

I Have this problem too!  I,m  from Iran and Canon support not very well . any body know a solution?

@mehrpooya wrote:

I Have this problem too!  I am in Iran and Canon support not very well . any body know a solution?

Have you tried reading the previous suggestions, yet? 

Announcements