cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R8 stays active after turning off

lorans
Apprentice

Hello, 

My brand new Canon R8 seams stays active even after I turn it off. This activity doesn't have to do with writing on the card because it happens even if I wasn't shooting before. This mostly happens after I switch battery or after I switch lens. Even if I change the lens when it is off, I attempts to auto focus, the red flashing light starts to blink every 30 sec or so. And it doesn't stop by its. I tried several things to get it to stop but it is a hit and mess. Sometimes, I turn it on, lets it focus on something then turn it off and it will stop. If I change the battery and starts acting up, I do the same thing( turn it on, take a photo or something then turn it off). But just now nothing worked, I had to remove the battery for it to stop. 

Anyone know the reasons? the camera is less than a month old and if it actually has an issue, I would rather return it. 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Given what you say, I would recommend calling 1-800-OK-CANON to talk to a technician

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements