cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6m2 and Pixel 7 Pro - won't wifi connect

sho17
Contributor

I'm at my wits end here. Got a Pixel 7 Pro a few weeks ago and it will not connect to my R6m2 to transfer photos except on the home wifi, which is useless as I'm heading off to Japan in a few days. 

Used to connect no bother to my Huawei Pro 30 when I was out and about, but now it seems to think a password is required. When I used the Connect to EOS Utility to locate a password (which for some reason keeps changing? useless) and use that for the Wifi connection on my phone I get a connection but without internet so the pairing fails. 

I've deleted Canon Connect from my phone, deleted the camera from Connect, reset communication settings on the R6m2...tried everything with a fresh start....and nothing is working. I can get a Bluetooth connection, but not a Wifi to import images. 

What else can I do? Other than throw both blooming devices in the bin and get something else?! 

26 REPLIES 26

Thanks for the tip. I think you may be right. I tried all of this with an iPhone and I worked right away without any of the issues I had been having on my Pixel. I'll check out the link you sent and see if I can figure out a solution from Google's end. 

Gojira
Apprentice

I had a similar problem...was driving me mad...until I realized the problem:

My VPN was on.  

Turned that off and it worked like a charm.  Could that be it?

OMG!! THAT'S WHAT IT WAS.

I had Adguard VPN on.

Thanks!!! This was driving me mad. Interestingly, I have no problems connecting to my EOS RP with it enabled.

I have added and exception to the Camera Connect app to bypass routing the connection through Adguard rather than turning it off alltogether.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

VPN scenario.  A VPN Client, either Google 1, Cisco/Meraki, Fortinet, Open VPN, etc would keep the Canon Connect App from working unless the client allowed split tunnel.  Typically all traffic is send through the host.

In a split tunnel configuration, the endpoint is also allowed to communicate with devices on the local LAN.  I've not used Google1, so am not sure what it does with traffic.  I did note it allows communication with carrier installed apps, but this would not include the CC App by default and I'm not sure if exceptions can be configured. Turning off would be best as you found.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

VPN scenario.  A VPN Client, either Google 1, Cisco/Meraki, Fortinet, Open VPN, etc would keep the Canon Connect App from working unless the client allowed split tunnel.  Typically all traffic is send through the host.

In a split tunnel configuration, the endpoint is also allowed to communicate with devices on the local LAN.  I've not used Google1, so am not sure what it does with traffic.  I did note it allows communication with carrier installed apps, but this would not include the CC App by default and I'm not sure if exceptions can be configured.   

7AFC4671-2B35-433D-A6DA-5D741730185D.jpeg

Huh!  Yeah, what he said!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Great photo.  Sometimes that's just how I feel  😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

So VPN was an issue, at least for some. 🤗

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements