cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 err70

benolson
Apprentice

I have been getting err70 ever since I've used my Canon r5 out of the box and I have no idea how to fix it. I get it once every 30-50 frames

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

According to a support site (Link here ), Error 70 is an image-related issue, but that could be for a bunch of reasons: and these are the easy options for you to consider:

a) A memory card that is not working properly.  This can be caused by a configuration error, a bad card, or using a micro SD card with an adapter - not recommended, always use full-size cards

b) an error with the lens. Is the lens you are using a Canon native lens or a 3rd party one?  Is it an EF or EF-S unit attached by an adapter, and if so, is that a Canon adapter or made by a 3rd party?

c) a battery related issue - less likely I would have thought but working down through the options.

I would suggest exploring each of these possibilities and if none of them seem to be an obvious point of issue, then call Canon support 1-800-OK-CANON

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I use only RF lenses so I will rule out your second point and it does it with all of my batteries so I believe it could be my memory card. Thank you again for your response!

-Ben

Announcements