cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 , I can not see thru the viewfinder it is only black.

Lucygirl
Apprentice

I was using my camera no problem a couple days ago and I pick it up today and I only see black thru the viewfinder.  Is there maybe something I hit or set that would cause this.  It is the Canon R5 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If in doubt, do a settings reset and see if that makes a difference.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

First off, I would check page 777 of your user manual.  You may have changed the settings.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I wish that was it!  Any other ideas?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If in doubt, do a settings reset and see if that makes a difference.

cheers, TREVOR

I did that and I have a screen now!  Thank you!

For future reference, the setting for that is "Screen/viewfinder display" in the Wrench 3 (yellow) menu. That will allow you to set which display to use, or auto switching.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Yep, as described on P777 of the user guide - as already indicated. 😶

cheers, TREVOR

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Glad to help! 😊

Perhaps mark this a resolved, then others with the same issue can know where to look.

cheers, TREVOR

DannyH
Apprentice

Thanks for posting this. I am new to the community. This was a quick solution. Like her issue, the camera viewfinder setting changed between uses. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

The manuals for Canon cameras are amazing resources. If there isn't a printed manual that came with the camera, you should download it and find out all that it tells you.

Announcements