cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M6 mark ii: The shot images are not as clear as the images seen on the LCD screen /view finder

Femina
Contributor

Hello,

I am not getting the same clarity in my shot  images as that what I am seeing on the LCD screen/view finder of M6 Mark ii. I have tried with different exposure settings (varying shutter speed, ISO and aperture) and various IS settings (on camera and on lense) for a static subject, with the camera  on a tripod and using a remote trigger. 

Please advice on the issue and possible solutions.

Thanks in advance,

Femina

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Note that the limited resolution of the LCD can make images *appear* sharper.

Is there still a lack of clarity when you review the image in the LCD after taking it?

Have you tried zooming in when looking at the before-shot image on the LCD?

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am comparing the 10x zoomed versions of the pre and post shot views on the camera's LCD screen display. the image is sharp in pre click view but the sharpness is deteriorated in post click view.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of device are you using to view the images from the camera.  When transferring images from a camera to a smart device, the image resolution can drop significantly.  This is the default setting, which saves memory space on a smart phone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am comparing the 10x zoomed versions of the pre and post shot views on the camera's LCD screen display. the image is sharp in pre click view but the sharpness is deteriorated in post click view.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Using a shotgun approach makes it more difficult to ascertain the problem. You need to do incremental adjustments and test it. First and foremost reset the camera to Canon default. That is the critical first step. A tripod and static subject is good.

"...and various IS settings (on camera and on lense) ..."

I am not sure what that means but turn IS off for a static tripod test. You did not mention what lenses you have and are using. It would also be helpful to see some examples of the issue. Also how are you viewing the results? Are you looking at extreme blow ups like 1 to 1 ? 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

What I meant by 'various IS settings' was, I tried with in camera IS ON and off also the IS in my sigma 150-600 on (2 modes) and off.

I have checked with canon  EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM also.

Here are the two images using  EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lense. The first image is before clicking and the second image is after clicking.

Thanks...

View before clickView before clickView after clickView after click

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am not seeing a problem. Looks normal to me.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements