cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M50// problem when transferring files to my Mac

soli_yana
Apprentice

Hello,
I am having problems transferring films and photos from my used Canon M50 to my MacBook. Because the cable was not included with the camera, I had to purchase both the cable and the adaptor to connect to my Mac. This is my second attempt with a fresh cable, so I am guessing the problem is with the camera. I purchased it from Amazon. I bought this camera to use for vlogging.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me and assist me with my problem.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rs-eos
Elite

It's far easier to copy photos/footage via a card reader.  Does your MacBook perhaps have a built-in SD card reader?  If not, they are fairly inexpensive to purchase.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree about using a card reader. But if you need to use the cable, make sure that the camera Wi-Fi is turned off in the camera before you connect the cable.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

It's far easier to copy photos/footage via a card reader.  Does your MacBook perhaps have a built-in SD card reader?  If not, they are fairly inexpensive to purchase.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree about using a card reader. But if you need to use the cable, make sure that the camera Wi-Fi is turned off in the camera before you connect the cable.

soli_yana
Apprentice

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks! Really appreciate your support!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements