cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M50 Mark II won't turn on

adamwestland
Apprentice

I bought the Canon M50 Mark II camera in November on Amazon and opened it today to use.  I had also bought 3 extra batteries.  I took it out of the package today and put in a Canon battery.  Turned it on.    No response. 

Took the memory card out and took the battery out.   Charged the battery in the charger for a few hours.   Tried again.  Nothing. 

I've tried all of the solutions people suggested online.   Nothing.  I tried to initiate a return on Amazon but they sent me here.   Can you help? 

6 REPLIES 6

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Will the camera power up with the lens & SD Card removed. If so you have a lens or SD Card problem not a camera problem.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Nope, still won't turn on. 

Its time to send it to Canon for repair.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Far-Out-Dude
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hoping you get help, I tried to get help from Canon a year or so ago about something and when I told them I got it from Amazon they said they could not help me. I told them "But I got it from the Canon store there" and I was told "We have nothing to do with that store, it is not related to Canon in any way""

adamwestland
Apprentice

That is what I am finding out.   Looks like a total loss.  Guess I know better now. 

Very sorry, truth is it sounds like the seller scammed you. Always make sure any electronic works the second you buy it and always use Prime on Amazon. If you choose to get another camera I highly suggest you deal either direct with the manufacturer or with B&H

Announcements