cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M50 Mark II sets focus but doesn't take the photo using the shutter button

AbdullahG
Contributor

As you read the title, I own a Canon M50 Mark II, it sets focus just fine, I am using the kit lens. The white box turns green and when I press the shutter button fully, it doesn't take a photo. It does take a photo when I press on the screen and enable shutter on screen touch, the shutter button randomly starts working again, but it isn't consistent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you have reset the camera to its defaults and it still happens, it is unlikely to be firmware.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try resetting your settings to default.

I’ve done that multiple times, no avail. I have tried multiple other lenses and also switching my shooting modes, along with enabling shutter without a lens on, still takes picture with a click on the screen but not the shutter button. 

@AbdullahG wrote:

I’ve done that multiple times, no avail. I have tried multiple other lenses and also switching my shooting modes, along with enabling shutter without a lens on, still takes picture with a click on the screen but not the shutter button. DMVNow.com

Does it happening with all lenses?

It does, yes, I have tried using a Viltrox adapter with a 50mm, sometimes clicks the shutter, sometimes doesn't.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sounds like the shutter button needs repair.

Is there any way to confirm this such as programming the shutter button to function as something else other than taking a photo?

AbdullahG
Contributor

I have tried setting the video start/end button to the shutter button, also doesn't work. Could it be a software problem more than a button replacement? The camera is brand new and is barely a month old, I'd really appreciate any insight.

If you have reset the camera to its defaults and it still happens, it is unlikely to be firmware.

I'll be taking my camera in for checkup ASAP, thanks!

Announcements