cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M200 screen went black

EdensHarvest
Apprentice

Hello, 

I was videoing with my Canon m200 when all of a sudden the screen went black. I originally thought the battery had died but the camera was still recording just not showing anything on the screen. When you power up the camera the screen will not come on, I can connect it to my computer and it seems to be operational other than the blank screen. Any idea of how to get it back on

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome

Have you tried pressing the INFO (or DISP) button several times while the camera is turned on?  This cycles the screen through a series of displays, including a black screen

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I have tried pushing the info button several times and that doesn't seem to change anything

Hmmm.  Well if you have no display at all, then all you can do is contact Canon Tech Support @ 1-800-OK-CANON

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements