cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel SL3 USB not working

ramoses
Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to use my SL3 as a webcam with the EOS Webcam Utility, yet for some reason the camera won't even get recognized by my Windows 10 when using USB. Whenever I plug the USB the camera will freeze or will display "BUSY" whatever I try to do while plugged in the USB. If I unplug the USB it will stop showing "BUSY" and will let me navigate in the menu and use the camera.
I've deactivated the wifi and Bluetooth, updated the firmware of the camera yet not nothing seems to work. I've tried all my USB ports of my PC and 3 different USB cables (USB Micro-B). In the other hand my EOS Rebel T7 is working fine, my PC will recognize the camera when connecting via USB and I can use it with the EOS Webcam Utility, yet not even my SL3 will get recognized by my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ramoses
Contributor

Hi, I'm back to say the USB is working, I had to buy this specific Micro-B cable. Thank you all for the help.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Here is another link to a 3rd party, indicating what I have written.
Can I Use the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 as a USB Webcam? - Photography Pursuits

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi! I'm not a tech (anymore) - just a moderator here!

I wanted to let you know that some Mini USB cables are made to only charge devices (like mobile phones), while others can be used to both charge and exchange data. Often it's hard to tell if the cable you're using is a data only cable, so it may be easier to replace your cable with one from Amazon or wherever you purchase cables. Make sure it indicates it can transfer data. The cable doesn't need to be expensive or fancy!

I hope this helps!

ramoses
Contributor

Hi, I'm back to say the USB is working, I had to buy this specific Micro-B cable. Thank you all for the help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements