cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel 2000 Shutter speed

superawesome
Apprentice

Hello

im rather new to photography so all that i can say is bear with me.

I have been shooting film on a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 for a few weeks now. Ive grown rather fond of using the AV, so the shutter speed is already set for me. Today my camera is now setting shutter speeds for 3 seconds rather than 1/200. i would just relocate to the manual settings but the AEB is at -2 when shooting from there and i have no idea how to change it.

any help would be great!!!

3 REPLIES 3

SBK
Enthusiast

Please check out the link below where you should be able to download your camera's user manual. It should help you to learn how to adjust your camera's settings.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-eos-35mm-slr-camer... 

Cancel Auto Exposure Bracketing by setting it to "0".  That might fix your problem. But long shutter speed exposure times in Av mode may also mean it is not very bright where you are shooting and you need more light. 

22C923BD-D767-45AC-99A0-71468B005F94.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Today my camera is now setting shutter speeds for 3 seconds rather than 1/200."

Wow, that is a pretty drastic change. I suspect you changed more than you think.  I don't know how to do it but there has to be a setting or tool in the menus to reset the camera.  I suggest you do that.  If resetting it doesn't put things back to normal, you have much bigger problems with the camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements