cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS RP High Speed Sync (hss) issues. Any suggestions?

Vejas
Contributor

Hello Canon users,

 

Does anyone having this banding issues? Rp updated to newest firmware, but when using high speed sync with strobes(hss) having strange banding(stripes). i heard this was canon failure until new firmware released. but when using strobes with Godox XProC TTL trigger having such issues. sync speed is 1/2000s

wondering if i need to find right trigger or its canon failure


Any suggestions?

IMG_8237.JPG

IMG_8220.JPG

10 REPLIES 10

diverhank
Authority

They look like the issues with the LED/ fluorescent light problem to me.  The RP is highly susceptible to this in silent mode (using electronic shutters).

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr


@diverhank wrote:

They look like the issues with the LED/ fluorescent light problem to me.  The RP is highly susceptible to this in silent mode (using electronic shutters).


i heard about this. but the flash should overpower all flourescent light... and there was normal mode used and never used silent mode


@Vejas wrote:

@diverhank wrote:

They look like the issues with the LED/ fluorescent light problem to me.  The RP is highly susceptible to this in silent mode (using electronic shutters).


i heard about this. but the flash should overpower all flourescent light...


Are you sure? Does the flash fire at full power during HS sync?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA


@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Vejas wrote:

@diverhank wrote:

They look like the issues with the LED/ fluorescent light problem to me.  The RP is highly susceptible to this in silent mode (using electronic shutters).


i heard about this. but the flash should overpower all flourescent light...


Are you sure? Does the flash fire at full power during HS sync?


It was half power. but when not shooting HSS and flash not used there is no stripes when there is only ambient light

Leojc
Apprentice
I'm in the same situation. I just purchased the Canon RP. I updated the firmware on all my godox strobes and trigger. It improved the situation but unfortunately there is still very subtle banding. I hope the next firmware update will resolve the issue.

What setup was used? which trigger and which flashlight? and which firmware version used?

Here's what I've done:

 

Updated Canon EOS RP Firmware to 1.4.0 (it was 1.3.0 prior)

Updated my Godox AD200  to V2.2

Updated my Flashpoint AD200 (same as Godox) to V2.2

Updated my Flashpoint R2XPro Trigger to V1.8

It improved and now I can take HSS up to 1/4000 (prior it looked very dark and banding was very noticable) Now the banding looks like the images you've updloaded.  I don't know what else to do   😞

What setup was used? which trigger and which flashlight? and which firmware version used?

Waddizzle
Legend

@Vejas wrote:

Hello Canon users,

 

Does anyone having this banding issues? Rp updated to newest firmware, but when using high speed sync with strobes(hss) having strange banding(stripes). i heard this was canon failure until new firmware released. but when using strobes with Godox XProC TTL trigger having such issues. sync speed is 1/2000s

wondering if i need to find right trigger or its canon failure


Any suggestions?

 

IMG_8220.JPG


Curious.  I am using an iPad and I only see it at full size.  If I zoom in, then it goes away.  Have you tried a different monitor or printing it out to see if it goes away?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements

08/09/2022: New firmware version 1.2.0 is available for CR-N 300
08/09/2022: New firmware version 1.2.0 is available for CR-N 500
07/28/2022: New firmware version 1.2.1 is available for EOS-R3
07/21/2022: New firmware version 1.6.0 is available for EOS-R5
07/21/2022: New firmware version 1.6.0 is available for EOS-R6
07/21/2022: New firmware version 1.1.0 is available for EOS-R7
07/21/2022: New firmware version 1.1.0 is available for EOS-R10
07/14/2022: New firmware version 1.0.1 is available for CR-X300
07/01/2022: New firmware version 1.3.0 is available for PowerShot PICK
06/30/2022: Service Notice: EOS 70D: Error 70 or Error 80
06/10/2022: Service Notice:UPDATE: Canon Inkjet Printer continuous reboot loop or powering down
06/07/2022: New firmware version 1.3.2 is available for PowerShot G7 X Mark III
06/07/2022: New firmware version 1.0.3 is available for EOS M50 Mark II
05/31/2022: Did someone SAY Badges?
05/26/2022: New firmware version 1.0.5.1 is available for EOS-C500 Mark II
05/26/2022: New firmware version 1.0.3.1 is available for EOS-C300 Mark III
05/10/2022: Keep your Canon gear in optimal condition with a Canon Maintenance Service
05/05/2022: We are excited to announce that we have refreshed the ranking scale within the community!
04/26/2022: New firmware version 1.0.1.1 is available for EOS R5 C
03/23/2022: New firmware version 1.0.3.1 is available for EOS-C70
02/09/2022: Share Your Photos is back!
02/07/2022: New firmware version 1.6.1 is available for EOS-1DX Mark III
01/19/2022: READY FOR ANYTHING EOS-R5 C
01/13/2022: Community Update. We will be retiring the legacy profile avatars on 01/20/2022. Click this link to read more.
01/05/2022: Welcome to CES 2022!
12/7/2021: New firmware version 1.3.0 is available for Mount Adapter EF-EOS R 0.71x