cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M50 as Webcam via Camlink

Nils2112
Apprentice

So I own the M50 and wanted to use it as a webcam. I previously used the Canon Webcam Utility but the resolution is not that great so I bought the Aokeou HDMI Capture Card, because I saw it in a few videos that it is pretty good and it is pretty cheap. 

Now the Problem:

When I plug it in with the Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable to the Capture Card into the PC I get a picture for like 20 seconds and then it turns into this rainbow colored picture with these vertical lines like the no signal picture, but I don't know why this happens and how I can get rid of it. So I would be glad if someone can help me. Thanks

Canon EOS M50

Aokeou HDMI capture card

OBS

Edit: Sometimes like right now it works but I would like to know if there are some things I need to do in order to have it work all the time, for example I plug in the HDMI and the normal micro USB cable at the same time and now it works and beforehand it would shut off the recieved SIgnal fron the M50 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What happens when you plug it into a regular monitor, like a TV?

well then I can watch my pictures and videos on my monitor and nothing else or what do you mean with that ? I also can use it as a live monitor for the camera but then it doesnt have anything to do with my PC anymore.

@Nils2112 wrote:

well then I can watch my pictures and videos on my monitor and nothing else or what do you mean with that ? I also can use it as a live monitor for the camera but then it doesnt have anything to do with my PC anymore.

Actually, if you can get a clean uninterrupted signal on a TV, then the problem is your PC, not the camera.  The most likely guilty party is your HDMI capture device.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Nils2112
Apprentice
hm well I just bought it 2 days ago and I saw it working in a few videos so I don't know why it is how it is
Announcements