cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M missing firmware menu option

Winfred
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I just got a canon EOS M and the first thing I did went to the setting to check the firmware in the fourth wrench and next to the yellow wrench the yellow star is missing along with the firmware option. So I can't update the camera if I wanted to! Is there something I can do to fix or resolve this issue?

Please I need help.

4 REPLIES 4

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, and welcome to the forum, Winfred!

Sorry, I am not familiar with the EOS M, but a lot of EOS cameras have different menu options depending on the shooting mode you are in. So, try switching to a different mode and see if your firmware option appears.

I hope this helps,

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Newton is correct.  Try Av mode.  You'll see the FW update option.  

2.0.3 is latest.

Canon Support for EOS M | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

grimreaperfilms
Apprentice

I have the same problem. All three modes and I dont have the star icon and no firmware update option. 

ZernWolfie
Apprentice

I had this same issue as well. The camera has to be in manual mode. Switch the camera to photo (middle option) and then press info button. On the screen tap the icon in the upper left hand corner and set it to M. If the box in the top left has an image of a flower, person running, Tv, Av, or anything that is not a large M, tap that box and change it to M.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements