cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS-M body needs a white balance factory reset

mlovett567
Apprentice

I recently bought a used Canon EOS-M body; physically, it appears to have been well treated. However, the color seems to be 'off'; it doesn't match my recently purchased EOS R-100 at all closely. Can the M have its white balance reset to a 'like new' factory setting? ... I live fairly close to a Canon repair facility in central New Jersey.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

John is correct. A full factory reset is always a best practice when buying used cameras. You want to bring all camera settings to a known state. 

The Green [A+] setting on the top dial is called Intelligent Auto.  I recommend using this mode to perform a basic, unscientific comparison.  The R100 is essentially the M6 mark II within a body with an R Series mount. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. 
Did you try a camera reset?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

John is correct. A full factory reset is always a best practice when buying used cameras. You want to bring all camera settings to a known state. 

The Green [A+] setting on the top dial is called Intelligent Auto.  I recommend using this mode to perform a basic, unscientific comparison.  The R100 is essentially the M6 mark II within a body with an R Series mount. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements