cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 500 - Objectives

boblalux
Contributor

I bought a 35mm (non-digital) camera in the late 1990´s, with various objectives (bayonet). Will the latter also fit the Canon EOS 500 digital series?

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@boblalux wrote:

I bought a 35mm (non-digital) camera in the late 1990´s, with various objectives (bayonet). Will the latter also fit the Canon EOS 500 digital series?

What is the model number of the 35mm camera?  If it is an “EOS” body, then the lenses will fit.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@boblalux wrote:

What is the model number of the 35mm camera?  If it is an “EOS” body, then the lenses will fit.

I am asking for the model number of the film camera, not the digital EOS 500 camera.

If you bought as new in 1998, then it is probably and EOS body.  If you bought it used, it might not be an EOS body.

Yes, I bought it new from a reputable big dealer in Zürich ca 1998, yes, on the front left-hand side is written, EOS and 500 below. Due to your commrnts, I accept that these objectives will fit all EOS bodies.
Thanks all of you.
Bobb

boblalux
Contributor

7XXXXX7 .  I think it is a EOS.  There are red spots on the objectives.

Thanks

[Removed serial number per forum community guidelines]

@boblalux wrote:

7XXXXX7 .  I think it is a EOS.  There are red spots on the objectives.

Thanks

That sounds like a serial number.  Look at the front of the camera for a model number.  Do you see the word “EOS”?

Yes, EOS is written on the front (in fact, EOS 500). The model number is written underneath. Why it converted the middle numbers to X´s I can´´t understand. I wrote seven-0-two-[remainder of serial number removed as this could compromise user privacy] (I´ll try again: 7[XXXXX]7)

@boblalux wrote:
Yes, EOS is written on the front (in fact, EOS 500). The model number is written underneath. Why it converted the middle numbers to X´s I can´´t understand. I wrote seven-0[...]

You're missing the point. The 7-digit number is the camera's serial number, not its model number. The moderators of this forum corrupted the number so that it wouldn't be displayed for the world to see. Their policy of doing that is based on the fact that serial numbers can be useful for tracking stolen goods; therefore it's a bad idea to publicize them for no good reason.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

lly3988
Rising Star

EOS 500 is a film camera which will take EF lenses. Does your EOS500 look like this one here ?capture-20180929-160743.png

Exactly !!!!
Announcements