cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon DS126151 won’t take photos says busy in Af and MF mode

Lucylee
Apprentice
Hi my canon DS126151 won’t take photos unless a press the menu bottom first. Otherwise if in AF and MF mode it just does red if I press shot button down. May say busy.
So confusing. I don’t know cameras though. It might make sense to others why pressing menu button first enables a photo.
3 REPLIES 3

Ray-uk
Whiz

Your camera is normally known as the Canon 400D.

Can you explain which menu button you have to press ?

Lucylee
Apprentice
Thanks that’s good to know! Is the button under display on left side called menu. When I press it it brings on screen the menu like quietly, red eye etc. but pressing the menu button each time before taking a photo only works in MF mode and photos seem a bit blurry. If I have it in AF mode it won’t take photos even if I press menu button first. Thanks for helping I have no idea

From what you say it sounds as though AF is not working and although this can stop you taking a picture it shouldn't give a busy warning.

I think the first thing you need to do is to reset the camera to factory default setting (clear all custom settings), this can be done in the main menu if the camera mode switch is set to either P, AV, TV or M. Also bearing in mind the age of the camera it would be definitely worth replacing the back-up battery, this can be found in the main battery compartment, Remove the main battery and remove the little slide out container that houses the back-up battery, in the battery compartment on the side nearest the hand grip, replace this with a new CR2016 button cell.

Try all that and let us know what happens.

Announcements