cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon D80 in build flash. light

Roohi
Apprentice

My camera flash light does pop up but the light does not flash. I have done every thing suggested in the forum like resetting and loosing the pins. As I dont have warrenty so I can't send it to the manufectrar. Now my question is can I buy the flash bulb and replace it myself and where can I buy one????

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The flash tube is not user replaceable, and there is no guarantee that that is the issue. I suggest you just get an external flash.

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Just because your warranty has expired doesn't mean you can't send it to Canon for repair. Or you can use a third party repair shop.

The problem may not be the flash tube itself, and due to stored energy, messing around with that part of the camera is not a good idea for an amateur.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The flash tube is not user replaceable, and there is no guarantee that that is the issue. I suggest you just get an external flash.

HI, thank you for your advise. Any suggentions which external flash light will go with D80??

If you want a basic flash a 270EX or 320EX would be fine. If you want room to grow, go for the 600 RT.

Thank you..

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Just because your warranty has expired doesn't mean you can't send it to Canon for repair. Or you can use a third party repair shop.

The problem may not be the flash tube itself, and due to stored energy, messing around with that part of the camera is not a good idea for an amateur.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your suggestion

Announcements