cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70 d records washed out noise pictures

deerislandbrew
Apprentice
I had not used my 70 D camera for awhile and went to take a picture and it records a washed out 1/2 image with light purple washout lines below and washed image above. Changed cards, used card in my other Canon camera, no problem. Reset all camera settings. Formatted card. No fix.
5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sounds like a dead sensor. Call Canon. There have been reports that they are replacing sensors because of an overheating problem.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

That is what shows on the back LCD screen?  I, too, think its done if it does. I doubt this is caused by the overheating fix Canon has offered though.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

deerislandbrew
Apprentice
Yes, same washed-out, messed up picture shows when the memory card is put into another camera or down loaded to pc. Not sure how it would get overheated?

Here is the Canon service advisory. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/product-advisories/detail/service%20notice...

Most likely not your problem. Repair required. Balance repair quote against cost of new body from a reliable source like Keh.com

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"Not sure how it would get overheated?"

That was just a thought not a diagnosis. As a concern some 70D cameras have experienced. SOmetimes electronic gear just fails. When you get your estimate, remember another used but working 70D is around $350 to $400 bucks. Also, keep in mind a 70D has got to be nearing end of service life. Perhaps an upgrade in camera is a good notion at this point.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements