cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D item code confusion

ElizabethPro
Apprentice

Hi all, first post. I am moving up from a T1i to a 6D, and I found a website that sells two versions of the 6D. One is item code 8035b002 (what is listed on the Canon website as 6D) for $1494.99. The other is item code 8035b009 for $1999. Both are body only and neither say anything about grey market. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for the help!

8035B002 for $1494.99

8035B009 for $1999

Elizabeth
10 REPLIES 10

schmegg
Enthusiast
The first model is an import, the secod is the USA model.

Directly below the model number is a link which explains the difference. The upshot is, the cheaper one is grey market.

Thanks for replying!

I see it now. Took me a minute to find it. So weird that Canon would list the grey market item code on their USA website.

Thanks again!

Elizabeth

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi ElizabethPro, thanks for posting!

The difference between item numbers 8035b002 and 8035b009 on our site is that 8035b009 is a kit that contains both the EOS 6D and an 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens, while the 8035b002 item code designates that the price is for the EOS 6D body only.  Both items are US model Rebels.  We hope this helps!

Hi Jessica,

Could you please let me know what is included in the packaging of a Canon #8035b002? I understand that there is no lens, but I am unsure about the other normal bits, such as battery, charger, strap, manual, software, etc.

Thanks!

Yes, it comes with all the things you mention.  From a Google search it has:

• Eyecup Eb
  • RF-3 Camera Cover
  • Wide Neck Strap EW-EOS 6D
  • LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack
  • LP-E6 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1800mAh)
  • AVC-DC400ST Stereo AV Cable
  • IFC-200U USB Interface Cable - 6.9' (1.9 m)
  • EOS Digital Solution Disk
  • Camera Instruction Book
  • Software Instruction Book CD
  • Pocket Guide
  • Digital Learning Center Leaflet
  • 1-Year Canon U.S.A. Limited Warranty

@Jessica wrote:

Hi ElizabethPro, thanks for posting!

The difference between item numbers 8035b002 and 8035b009 on our site is that 8035b009 is a kit that contains both the EOS 6D and an 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens, while the 8035b002 item code designates that the price is for the EOS 6D body only.  Both items are US model Rebels.  We hope this helps!

The 6D is a Rebel??

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

aadhunik
Apprentice

You are sure that you did not buy it from the ipo grey market? Take it to the service centre, they can help. 

Just buy from Canon or an authorzed Canon dealer and you don't have to "wonder' what you got. 

So simple. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Just buy from Canon or an authorzed Canon dealer and you don't have to "wonder' what you got. 

So simple. 

It's a bit weird that this thread was suddenly resurrected after four years dormant. But what's arguably even more puzzling is that "Jessica", who appears to represent the vendor, seemed to think that the 6D is a Rebel. If this discussion makes any sense at all at this point, it's sure over my head.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements