cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D video blurry

Captdanno
Enthusiast

My new 5d has allowed me to take some amazing pictures and have no regrets especially with the 70/200 2.8 lens, no issues there but video is another deal all together.

Shot latest video on Auto, 1920/30/ALLI posted to Facebook (Bad I know) and shot comes out blurry, worked fine on my computer but blurry when posted, is this a FB issue? Will it do the same with You Tube?

My canon HD Vixia has worked so well for me I am tempted to stay with that for video. 

Thanks in advance for all inputs, fire away...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Captdanno!

Thanks for the post.

When you upload a video to Facebook, it sometimes re-encodes the video to match their format requirements.  The format of the video from the EOS 5D Mark III is different from your camcorder, so the end result is bound to be different as well.  This is something native to Facebook and does not indicate a problem with the camera.  A similar process may occur with other websites, but this is something you will need to check with those websites to verify.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Captdanno!

Thanks for the post.

When you upload a video to Facebook, it sometimes re-encodes the video to match their format requirements.  The format of the video from the EOS 5D Mark III is different from your camcorder, so the end result is bound to be different as well.  This is something native to Facebook and does not indicate a problem with the camera.  A similar process may occur with other websites, but this is something you will need to check with those websites to verify.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements