cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mk III

MLeitch
Apprentice
Is anyone else having this issue? Since updating firmware on my 5D the ISO button has varying levels of stickiness. Meaning when I press it and move the dial it drops out of ISO mode, sometimes immediately, sometimes after a second, and yet other times seems to work normally.
When it is immediate it makes changing ISO almost impossible.
Help! I'm losing shots because if this.
5 REPLIES 5

@MLeitch wrote:
Is anyone else having this issue? Since updating firmware on my 5D the ISO button has varying levels of stickiness. Meaning when I press it and move the dial it drops out of ISO mode, sometimes immediately, sometimes after a second, and yet other times seems to work normally.
When it is immediate it makes changing ISO almost impossible.
Help! I'm losing shots because if this.

The last firmware upgrade to the 5D3 was more than a year ago. If the problem you describe were firmware-related, it should have been widely reported by now.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

MLeitch
Apprentice
Okay, so you are saying it is not firmware related. It really comes across as a programming bug of some kind because the physical action of the buttons appears the same. Anyone else?

@MLeitch wrote:
Okay, so you are saying it is not firmware related. It really comes across as a programming bug of some kind because the physical action of the buttons appears the same. Anyone else?

I'm not presuming to say what it is or isn't. I'm just saying that the fact that the current firware has been out for a year argues against it being a firmware problem. Otherwise, where are all the complaints?

Are you at the latest firmware release (2.0.5, as I recall)?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

It is not the firmware.  It is something else.  The firmware was just coincidence.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
I'm not seeing this issue on my 5DIII with latest firmware. Are you confident that you aren't inadvertently pressing some other button which cancels the mode?
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements