cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1ds mark ii can't use ISO automatically?

SAT8
Apprentice

As in the title, when I set the iso, the automatic iso did not come out, do I have to write the iso completely manually?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Just to confirm the model, you are referring to the retired EOS 1Ds Mark II camera body.

Are you referring to being able to set ISO Auto when in Manual shooting modes?  While I have not used that body, you may be one generation too early.  I believe both the 1D Mark IV and 1Ds Mark III allowed you to set ISO Auto in Manual Shooting mode, but did not allow you to dial Exposure Compensation.  It has been a pretty long while since I shot with either camera body.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

SAT8
Apprentice

Oh, I tried to do ISO automatically in Av mode, but no matter how many days I tried to use it, only manual dial operation was possible. I heard that the 1Ds mark iii has good color, I would like to see your photo samples someday

I’ve never really used the 1Ds Mark III much.  I have used the 1D Mark IV quite a bit.  

I had bought a used 1Ds Mark III because I was looking for an AC Adapter to use with the 1D Mark IV.  I could only find new AC Adapters, which were quite costly.  I recall the cost as being around $500 USD.

I found a complete 1Ds Mark III camera kit at B&H, which included the AC Adapter, charger, battery, and the camera for about $600 USD.  Bingo!  This was everything I needed plus a camera body.

I much prefer the IQ from the 1D4 better than the 1Ds Mark III.  I am always struggling to find the right WB with the 1Ds Mark III.  It is pretty good when I take the time to sample a color chart or grey card.  I blame it on its age, though.

I didn't get any definite information, but I enjoyed talking to you. Thank you for the good conversation. In Korea

@SAT8 wrote:

I didn't get any definite information, but I enjoyed talking to you. Thank you for the good conversation. In Korea

For that price range, I would take a pass on the 1Ds Mark III.  Go for a 1D Mark IV, instead.

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

The 1Ds Mark II doesn't support Auto ISO. The manual makes no mention of Auto ISO. Only on how to manually set the ISO speed.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements