cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1200d: pictures come out green

Hikari
Contributor
So basically I got that camera from my relative a month ago and it has just worked fine. Now yesterdey when I went out to take some pictures of twilight, they came out white. Even on automatic mode. Today I took also some pictures and they came out green. And I don't think that smth is wrong with white balance etc bcause those photos look really weird..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Hikari wrote:
So basically I got that camera from my relative a month ago and it has just worked fine. Now yesterdey when I went out to take some pictures of twilight, they came out white. Even on automatic mode. Today I took also some pictures and they came out green. And I don't think that smth is wrong with white balance etc bcause those photos look really weird..

It could be a white balance issue.  It could be something else entirely.  The only way to know for sure is go into the camera menus and check the white balance settings.  Do you have a copy of the manual?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

You can visit the above page to find your camera's support page.  Simply type the model name, Rebel T5, into the box.  The manual also contains instructions on how to find the two locations in the menus where you can reset the camera.

For additional help, I would advise contacting Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Hikari wrote:

It could be a white balance issue.  It could be something else entirely.  The only way to know for sure is go into the camera menus and check the white balance settings.  Do you have a copy of the manual?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

You can visit the above page to find your camera's support page.  Simply type the model name, Rebel T5, into the box.  The manual also contains instructions on how to find the two locations in the menus where you can reset the camera.

For additional help, I would advise contacting Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Very first find 'clear all settings' in the menu.  If you can put the WB on AWB.  Set it to the green square and try again to take photos.  Does it work properly?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I didn't get the part of setting in to the green square but I cleared all settings and it didnt work.

I can't use my computer at the moment so I just took a picture of that green picture by my phone.. here it is

image.jpeg

I also tried different WB modes and it didn't help much - in some modes my camera just took pink pictures..

@Hikari wrote:

I didn't get the part of setting in to the green square but I cleared all settings and it didnt work.

I can't use my computer at the moment so I just took a picture of that green picture by my phone.. here it is

image.jpeg

I also tried different WB modes and it didn't help much - in some modes my camera just took pink pictures..

Okay.  When you can use your PC, do the pictures still look off-color on your computer screen?

[EDIT]  I think "green square" refers to the mode dial on top of the camera.  See the green "A" in a box?  Set it to that.

I also tried setting it to that green box mode, but then just flash comes out and makes picture white. And pictures look same when opening them in computer.. Depressing really. 

@Hikari wrote:

I also tried setting it to that green box mode, but then just flash comes out and makes picture white. And pictures look same when opening them in computer.. Depressing really. 

And, the images look nearly identical in the camera, and on your computer.  Not good.  Camera reset didn't help.  Not good.

Do your shots always have those horizontal lines across them?  If a new memory card, and/or reformatting the card, doesn't fix it, I think your camera may be need of professional service.

They've never had those horizontal lines across them before. Card reformatting didn't fix it either but I'll also try using other memory card.  Thank you for your help tho 🙂

I think your camera is done.  You will probably be better off buying a new one than repairing yours.

You should try a brand new high quality SD card.  If that doesn't fix it..........Smiley Sad........sorry.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements