cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Find Firmware Update Canon EOS R 1.8

Lineviews22
Apprentice

I clicked support - EOS cameras - EOS R - Software and Drivers - (I am on Mac) Clicked my current Mac version - scroll down and have 25 recommended downloads none of which are a firmware update 1.8. Sorry if this is a rhetorical question here, I just bought my camera and am new to all of this. I looked up videos of people doing it but, it seems Canon has updated their website in retrospect to those videos. The current version of my EOS R is 1.4. I did ask the chatbot to point me in the right direction and it gave me a link to the page I described in the first part of this statement. Thanks in advance for the Help! 

7 REPLIES 7

Peter
Authority
Authority

There are two versions of 1.8.0. I don't remember if this one is 1.8.0 v1 or 1.8.0 v2 but I don't think it matters.

Edit: 2021 is v2 and 2020 is v1.

1000005219.jpg

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

I can find firmware for my current R5 but like you I can't find any firmware for the EOS R either on the US site.  Likely something is wrong with US site for the EOS R for firmware.

I found it via canon europe.

EOS R - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com)

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

Thank you! This is what I was looking for as well...

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its available on the Canon USA Website.  Select Windows / Windows 10 x64

Canon Support for EOS R | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Not everyone uses windows 🙂 The OP started he was on a Mac and so am I...

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Firmware is operating system agnostic.  The file is for the camera not for your computer. It doesn't matter what operating system you select. The file is the same.  🙂  The download is also listed under El Capitan.  It contains the same ,FIR file.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I cannot download a windows file on my Mac and have it work. I downloaded the file from the EU site - it worked. Case closed.

Announcements