cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon d5 classic blurry images

TJMichael
Apprentice

I have jus recently bought a cannon d5 classic and have no experience with cameras, I bought a short 50 mm lense and my pics are turning out very blurry please help!!

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

We need to know more details. Can you post a picture of the blurry image? Is your shutter speed fast enough to prevent camera shake? Exactly what lens do you have? Do the images look blurry in the viewfinder before you take the shot?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

As you admit you know nothing about photography using dedicated cameras, my best advice is to find a good source of education.  This forum is more aligned to fixing specific issues and not general education.  Here are some thoughts...

A general introduction to photography on You Tube by National Geographic photographer Chris Bray: General course on Photography 

If you have access, log onto your local library website and search for an item called LinkedIn Learning or Lynda.com.  If so, you can follow the link to the site for no cost and it has a huge collection of courses on photography - from absolute basics to advanced topics.  Otherwise, you can go directly to the site and get a one-month free trial: see some topics from the site HERE 

Look for local camera groups or societies and join at least one. You can find people who will help you to learn photography and they often run workshops and events that will educate you.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

As there is no such thing as a Canon D5 classic, can you please tell us what your camera is?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"As there is no such thing as a Canon D5 classic ..."

The OP transposed the 5D to d5. People mistakenly refer to the 5D (original first model) as the 5D "Classic". Of course there was no Classic model as the 5 series includes a 5D, 5D Mk II, Mk III and Mk IV.

However KB is spot on about needing way more info. Perhaps a sample of a blurry image.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"As you admit you know nothing about photography using dedicated cameras, my best advice is to find a good source of education.  This forum is more aligned to fixing specific issues and not general education."

I never advise against more education but in this case it must be determined whether the camera is working properly before learning how to use it. We do need way more info and possibly a sample image.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements