cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't transfer images fromR6 Mark II

trombird
Contributor

I just bought an R6 Mark II...I have one memory card in it. Took my first batch of photos...I can see them on the camera but when I try to transfer them to my computer (or wirelessly to my phone) I only get blank images.  Help!! is there a setting I could accidentally have set that prevents transfer??? If I can see the image on my camera, is the image ok???

Thanks for any help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So: 1. you connect card reader to computer, 2. insert card into card reader. 3. does anything appear on the computer display, like an icon of a SD card? 4. what happens if you open the Apple app Image capture in the Applications folder?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Danny

Hi, trombird!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I so appreciate the attempts to help me. I have a macOS Big Sur version 11.14 operating system. I was using a Lexar card reader to transfer.

My iPhone is iphone11 version iOS16.1.1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@trombird wrote:

I just bought an R6 Mark II...I have one memory card in it. Took my first batch of photos...I can see them on the camera but when I try to transfer them to my computer (or wirelessly to my phone) I only get blank images.  Help!! is there a setting I could accidentally have set that prevents transfer??? If I can see the image on my camera, is the image ok???

Thanks for any help!!

How are you trying to transfer the images?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I was using a card reader. I also tried sending them wirelessly to my iPhone and it recognized the camera but transferred blank images.

But what type of computer are you using? Mac, PC? What operating system?  More details are needed help troubleshoot.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for helping! I have a macOS Big Sur version 11.14 operating system.

My phone is an iPhone 11.

Tried to transfer using a lear card reader

So: 1. you connect card reader to computer, 2. insert card into card reader. 3. does anything appear on the computer display, like an icon of a SD card? 4. what happens if you open the Apple app Image capture in the Applications folder?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just re-tried these steps, but used Lightroom to import. It worked!!!

Great. Glad you are all set. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements